Repeat prescriptions are medications which appear on the reverse of your prescription which your doctor would like you to continue on a regular basis.
- All repeat prescriptions must be made in writing.
- Please always use the right side of your previous prescription when requesting a repeat prescription.
- If this is not available please write out your name, address, date or birth and contact telephone number together with the name of the medication you require.
- This information should then be posted, faxed or dropped into the surgery at least 48 hours before your last prescription has run out.
- If you require us to post the prescription back to you, please enclose a clearly written, stamped self address envelope.
As policy we do not take repeat prescription requests over the phone.
How to Request a Repeat Prescription
Repeat prescriptions may be ordered in several ways:
You can order your repeat prescriptions via Patient Access on a computer, ipad or a phone APP. The surgery will give you a log in and password to access this.
Fill in a prescription request form or underline the items needed on the tear-off side of your prescription and drop it into the surgery. Please do not order any medications you do not need.
If a stamped addressed envelope is supplied, your prescription can be returned via Royal Mail. Find our postal address.